Come on, now. Just admit it. You're addicted.
Every time that cooking time-lapse video pops up on your Facebook feed you pause and watch those tomatoes being diced, those onions getting sliced and everything going into the pan looking delicious.
It's irresistible. It looks great! And it eats (sorry for the pun) up to only 30 seconds to a minute of your day.
While you might view these cooking time-lapse videos as eye candy and without a deeper marketing purpose, that's where you'd be wrong.
After watching a cooking time-lapse video, we're left oddly satisfied yet still hungry. Isn't that exactly the feeling your marketing program wants to inspire in your audience?
There are very important cooking time-lapse video lessons for B2B marketing, namely:
- Video is the future of content marketing. More specifically, easy to consume short-form video, particularly of the how-to variety.
- Great looking, useful video content can now be created without a huge investment in time and treasure. Everything shoots in HD and free editing software is widely available.
- People love video, including your B2B/B2C potential clients and customers. People choose to consume video over other content forms at a very high rate.
If you haven't built video into your marketing budget, or if you haven't taken the steps to develop in-house video capability, it's time to change course and get moving. With today's technology, marketing with video is within your grasp--you just need to take the leap.
Next week, we will be posting a series of useful video tips and a free video marketing eBook that you can use to get started on the path to creating your own video marketing program.
Subscribe here to get easy access to these tips and the eBook.
Statistics show that short, useful and professional video content like these time-lapse cooking videos produce strong results and have a long shelf life for generating interest. But don't take our word for it--check out these recent statistics from our friends at Forbes via our other friends at HubSpot (to read the full story click here):
- Video is projected to claim more than 80 percent of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200 to 300 percent.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80 percent.
- 90 percent of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100 percent every year.
- 64 percent of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87 percent of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35 percent of all ad spending online.
- 59 percent of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
We hope you found this information useful and we inspired you to embrace video marketing. Our team is ready to help you get started.
Subcribe and join the conversation. Get access to our upcoming video series and soon-to-be-published video eBook.